Monday, December 27, 2010

Sponsors | I've now surpassed my quarterly goal!

[Updated at 7:59 p.m. ET. I've just received a $20 contribution from a reader in Delaware, bringing my total to $4,008 -- surpassing my quarterly goal, with four days still to go. Thank you, everyone.]

Via snail mail, I've received $85 in contributions from readers in Indiana, Nevada and Virginia.

Unfortunately, I can't acknowledge one of the gifts with an official Gannett Blog postcard because the return address provided is a newspaper work address. That donor wrote: "Words can't express my appreciation to you for all your time and hard work dedicated to Gannett Blog. Here's hoping you and Sparky have a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year.'' So, to that reader, thank you.

These newest contributions bring me to within $11 of my quarterly goal. With four days left, here's the breakdown:
  • Reader contributions: $1,514
  • Advertising: $2,494
I'm trying to earn $4,000 quarterly, through donations of $5 per reader, plus advertising sales. Please use the "Donate" tool in the green rail, upper right. Or mail cash/checks payable to: Jim Hopkins, 584 Castro St. #823, San Francisco, Calif., 94114-2594.