The new positions are listed for something called the Client Solutions Group, and are based in Indianapolis and Des Moines. Those growing hubs within Gannett are the sites of the still-developing Gannett Production Centers, where advertisements will be produced for the company's community newspapers. The ad production consolidation, due to be complete by early 2011, is likely to eliminate hundreds of jobs.
The Solutions Group may be some kind of new, internal advertising agency for the community papers, I'm told. Searching today, I found five positions for the group posted on CareerBuilder and another employment site:
- Client Solutions Director in Indianapolis
- Creative Director, Indianapolis
- Marketing Strategist, Indianapolis
- Marketing Coordinator in Des Moines
- Digital Strategist, Des Moines