Friday, July 10, 2009

Farewell | Gannett Blog, by the numbers

[Final traffic report from Google Analytics; click for bigger view]

I started Gannett Blog on Sept. 11, 2007, and closed it July 10, 2009 at midnight ET. I'm no longer posting new comments. You'll occasionally see a few updates, as I complete unfinished business.

For readers interested in the latest company developments, I have enthusiastically endorsed Gannettoid.com, a site kept by a former Gannett employee since December 2008. Several other sites recently launched; in the years ahead, please search for others, too.

I keep an active Facebook page, and I microblog on Twitter at Ibizaconfidant and at (uh-oh!) Gannettblog.

Since September 2007, I published 3,499 posts of my own. My wonderful readers posted more than 50,000 comments. I can't add anything more, except: Thank you for your support. I have no regrets.

Publisher and Editor
Ibiza Town
Island of Ibiza, Spain
July 10, 2009

Earlier: Why I shut down this blog

No comments: