We've been here before: At least 2,200 jobs lost in December. Approximately 100 directors in September. And the first big one: 1,000, last August. Overall, Gannett employs 41,500 worldwide. (Employment by division.)
Updated: 4:44 p.m. ET
Now, from Alexandria, La., to Wilmington, Del., we say goodbye to more co-workers. Including 10 of 85 U.S. dailies, GCI subsidiaries have now eliminated at least 310 jobs in this round, which began near the end of the first quarter, at the St. Cloud Times.
Using the following format, please post your worksite's figures in the comments section, below. ??? indicates missing or incomplete information. Cities are newspaper sites.
- Fremont and Port Clinton, Ohio: 3 jobs cut from a workforce of 30 to 40 employees
- Gannett Healthcare Group: 27 of 200
- Howell, Mich.: 12 of 95 (story link)
- Indianapolis: 8 of ???
- Morristown, N.J.: 7 of ???
- Neptune, N.J.: 18 of ???
- Observer & Eccentric Newspapers: 44 of ??? (story)
- Pensacola, Fla.: 84 of 200 (story)
- Phoenix: 30 of ???
- Planet Discover: 9 of 55
- Reno, Nev.: 35 of 340 (story)
- St. Cloud, Minn: 10 of 170
- Staunton, Va.: 23 of ??? (story link)