Thursday, December 30, 2010

Sponsors | I've just received $50 in donations

Two readers -- one in New York and the other in North Carolina -- have each given me $25, with one of the gifts prompted by a plug media critic Eric Alterman gave me today in his column in The Nation. "Some really good reporting,'' he said, regarding my recent analysis of Freedom Forum's weakening finances.

Today's contributions push me even further past my goal. With just one day remaining in the quarter, the breakdown:
  • Reader donations: $1,558
  • Advertising: $2,601
I'm trying to earn $4,000 quarterly, through donations of $5 per reader, plus advertising sales. Please use the "Donate" tool in the green rail, upper right. Or mail cash/checks payable to: Jim Hopkins, 584 Castro St. #823, San Francisco, Calif., 94114-2594.