A few factual corrections to the blog post and the comments that followed:
- The CEO of Metromix reports to a board of directors, as most CEOs do.
- Jack Williams is an active Metromix board member.
- Metromix and Gannett are not "hunting for a Tribune replacement." Metromix is open to exploring prospective new partnerships and investor opportunities, as most early stage companies are.
- The spot check of Tribune markets missed the fact that Tribune’s largest Metromix site – Metromix Chicago -- continues to operate as it always has; it also continues to be the local entertainment site with the highest engagement metrics in the Chicago market.
- Regarding the statement, "all functions have been moved to Chicago," the central organization behind Metromix has always been based in Chicago.
Please post your replies in the comments section, below. To e-mail confidentially, write jimhopkins[at]gmail[dot-com]; see Tipsters Anonymous Policy in the rail, upper right.