For comparison: Gannett's overall circulation fell 2.9%, compared to a year before. But remove USA Today, which eked out a 0.3% gain, and overall GCI circulation fell a steeper 4.5%, the investment bank's analysis shows.
The N.J. figures at March 31, with change from a year before, according to DB's report:
- Asbury Park Press: down 3.4%, to 141,247; Sunday, down 4.4%, to 184,095.
- Courier News at Bridgewater: down 11.7%, to 30,620; Sunday, down 11.4%, to 30,940.
- Courier-Post at Cherry Hill: down 4.2%, to 67,258; Sunday, down 5.1%, to 78,706.
- The Daily Journal at Vineland: down 1.2%, to 17,074. (No Sunday.)
- Daily Record at Morristown: down 13.1%, to 33,239; Sunday, down 8.6%, to 36,296.
- Home News Tribune at East Brunswick: down 4.1%, to 48,632; Sunday, down 4.7%, to 54,170.