Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Hello, Gannett Land! I've just launched a business news blog, with a comment section about Gannett

Updated July 27: More than two years ago, I retired Gannett Blog so I could move to a new venture -- a blog that I'm now planning to launch Aug. 1 in Louisville, Ky., where Gannett has a significant presence. It's called Boulevard, and I'll cover news about business and culture in Kentucky's biggest city.

I'm focusing on 10 big employers in the area -- from Amazon to Yum Brands, parent company of KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell. Combined, they employ more than 60,000 workers in the city, and nearly two million worldwide. I'll also be covering media and marketing news.

In Louisville, Gannett owns The Courier-Journal newspaper. It also operates a page production hub for the CJ and dozens of other newspapers, plus a regional customer service center.

On Boulevard, any interest in Gannett will be focused on media and marketing news that could directly impact Louisville. Of course, those ripple effects will extend to Gannett's 109 other dailies across the U.S. and in the U.K. -- possibly including where you work, or once worked. And all that's happening when the company is trying to buy the Los Angeles Times, Chicago Tribune and other Tronc-owned dailies, after snapping up the Journal Media Group and N.J. papers including the Bergen Record.

Depending on reader interest, I'll publish what I'm calling the Gannett Watercooler, a place where workers at Gannett and other workplaces can share information anonymously, as they did for years in this site's Real Time Comments section.

Boulevard will look much different than Gannett Blog, because I'm using the WordPress publishing platform. Please stop by, share your thoughts, and let me know what you think. You can also reach me by e-mail at jimhopkins[at]gmail[dot-com].

Louisville, Ky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jim says: "Proceed with caution; this is a free-for-all comment zone. I try to correct or clarify incorrect information. But I can't catch everything. Please keep your posts focused on Gannett and media-related subjects. Note that I occasionally review comments in advance, to reject inappropriate ones. And I ignore hostile posters, and recommend you do, too."

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.